With large 70-inch flat screen TV prices now under $1500.00, you may find the TV option best up to this size but for larger screen sizes the TV Ceiling Projector remains supreme.
Here’s what to look for in a home or office projector and viewing screen sizes up to 30-inches diagonally:
1. Projector Specs: Projector must have 1080p resolution High Definition (HD), project the latest 16 x 9 wide screen format and have HDMI inputs just like the new flat screen TVs. Also, look for a VGA (PC) input if you wish to connect your computer.
2. Brightness: Dull, dim screens from an under powered projector is the number one mistake. Look for at least 2500-lumen brightness; a little more for larger screens so daytime viewing or a brightly lit conference room won’t spoil your enjoyment.
3. Speakers: Better projectors will have one or two small speakers built-in for sound – adequate but usually not as strong as found in a new TV. Consider a separate audio – speaker system or connecting to your Home Theater for best sound enjoyment.
4. Screen: Must also be in the 16 x 9 wide HD format and may be a manual roll-up or electrically operated with remote control. Smaller rooms consider a 90” –115” screens and up to 130” for larger office training and conference rooms.
5. Installation: A little more involved as the overhead projector must have media cables from your media components to the ceiling projector and an electrical outlet on the ceiling. Projector audio must be integrated with your sound system unless the built in speakers are used. Projectors are now quite compact measuring less than 11” x 8” so are very unobtrusive visually on the ceiling. Make sure your projector retailer can also deliver, install and have everything is working perfectly. Avoid purchasing from a store that requires you to go elsewhere for installation.
6. Brands: Our most popular projectors are from Optoma with most favorite model for an average size room their TH1060 with extra bright 4500-lumens. Priced at about $1600.00. Our most popular manual pull-down screen is the Elite Model M106 with 106-inch screen and slow return roll-up. Priced at about $300.00.
Projectors offer the excitement of the movie big-screen and will be a complement to any well designed Home Theater layout. For the office, the roll up screen is a must when shared with a whiteboard or presentation posters on the same wall. The versatility of projectors is endless.
For more ideas on projectors and installation considerations Contact Us. We have extensive experience in cost effective projector systems for homes and businesses.