If you watched the recent Inaugural Day Ceremonies in High Definition …..
The spectacular coverage of our new President’s election November 6th to the Inaugural Day ceremonies in Washington DC January 21st will be available in life-like, vivid High Definition HD detail and like-you-are-there multi-channel surround sound from NBC, ABC,CBS, PBS and DIRECTV. You will hear the crowd cheer from the right, erupt in applause from the left, the President speak from the center with the roar of military jets passing overhead just like you are there with the President. You just need the right TV and Home Theater sound system.
But first, here are the colorful inaugural events which must be seen on wide screen HD TVs and heard with Home Theater surround sound speakers to insure the ultimate enjoyment:
• Payer service at the magnificent National Cathedral
• Swearing-in on the Capital steps
• US Marine Band performing Ruffles & Flourishes and Hail Columbia
• Inaugural address by the new President
• Spectacular parade down Pennsylvania Av to the White House
Since the last inaugural ceremonies in 2009, High Definition TVs have plummeted in price with the typical 42-inch HD TV now under $450.00 and larger 60-inch HD TVs under $700.00. These new TVs become the focal point of your media room and are often mounted over-the-fireplace with all wiring “hidden” (essential). When selecting a new HDTV, look for the very narrow ¼” or less surround bezel so the TV looks like an unframed picture on the wall; the newest LED type displays allow very skinny TVs only 2 – 3-inches thick. Not the old 200-pound ugly box in the corner.
Also since the last election, the cable and satellite TV providers now broadcast in muti-channel Dolby Digital surround sound. That means films reproduce movie-theater sound effects; sports events sound like you are on the 50-yard line. But many do not know about this hidden feature from the TV providers and have not experienced having the same sound in their Living Room as you would hear at a live performance.
To take advantage of the “free” upgraded sound provided with your TV, you will want to consider one of 3-speaker systems (our examples are with hidden speakers, amplifier — receiver and no exposed wiring):
• Digital sound bar placed under your TV which electronically simulates sound coming from behind, left and right. The least expensive solution starting from about $425.00 delivered and installed.
• Three speaker systems with speakers placed flush in the wall left, right and over / under the TV (speaker grills can e painted same color as the wall). Provides excellent front and side sound and is a good solution where running wires to the back of the room is restricted. Expect to pay $950.00 for a high quality 3-speaker system installed with all wiring “hidden”.
• The ultimate sound system will have 5-surround sound speakers usually flush in the ceiling centered over the TV, left and right front and corresponding rear of the room left and right. The placement will allow sound from all directions and will reproduce the multi-channels form your TV provider. A premium quality system with the best components will cost under $2000.00 delivered and installed.
Quality of HD and surround sound varies. The cable companies usually have slightly lower quality picture (1080i protocol) vs. satellite providers like Dish and DIRECTV (1080p protocol). We like DIRECTV which has the most DT channels, the clearest 1080p picture like a Blu-Ray disc player and has the most HD channels by a large margin but programming costs are a little more than cable.
Cost a consideration? Get the new “free” digital off air channels mandated by the Government which did not exist last presidential inauguration. You receive over hundred free super-clear digital and HD channels (better 1080p protocol) and never pay a penny for watching TV. For this undiscovered Government benefit, you can get a small unobtrusive 16-inch square flat outside antenna installed for about $375.00. The greatest enjoyment with digital TV while knowing you will never again pay those high cable bills.
For this writer, I will enjoy being with our new President every step of the way while relaxing in front of my new 60’ Samsung over-the-fireplace TV and Yamaha powered 5– speaker Home Theater surround sound system.